Archive | Union Street RSS feed for this section

168 Union Street

7 Aug


168 S. Union Street. Built circa 1889. Originally the home of Charles G. Curtiss Sr. Charles passed away in 1893 and his wife Caroline lived here until 1901. This home is on the National Register of Historical Places. See more info at:

173 S. Union Street

27 Jun

173 S. Union St. Built in 1886. This is the old Presbyterian Parsonage. Today it’s now used for apartments.


Daisy Air Rifle Factory on Union Street

26 Jun

This is all that remains of the original Daisy Air Rifle Company (known for the Red Ryder BB Gun of ” A Christmas Story” fame). This wall sits at the North end of Union St.Learn more at:

Update Novemeber 2013: After 131 years of standing tall on Union Street, this final piece of the Daisy Factory was demolished


128 S. Union St

22 Jun


128 S. Union. Built in the spring of 1900 by Don Kelly. Don and his wife Amy adorned this home with stained glass windows, a hand crafted wood staircase & trim. It no longer has it’s original gingerbread that decorated the exterior but you can see it still has stained glass. This home was sold to Henry & Maude Steinmetz in 1911, they lived here for some 40 years. Henry Steinmetz worked for the Pere Marquette Railroad which became the C&O which has become a part of today’s CSX railways.