Archive | June, 2015

Tibbitts Barn at 46225 N. Terriorial

29 Jun

TibbitsBarn

Where Plymouth “began”. This is a photo of the historic Tibbitts Barn located at 46255 N. Territorial Rd behind the home that was built by John Tibbitts circa 1826. This is “where it began”. Plymouth was first settled in 1824 and in 1827 the Town’s people met at the farmstead of John Tibbitts, they gathered in the barn and voted in the first town council and chose the name PLYMOUTH! It’s amazing to see that the current owner has put lots of work in preserving this wonderful piece of Plymouth’s history. Although difficult to see from North Territorial Rd, this photo was taken from the back of the property.

49970 W. Ann Arbor Rd

29 Jun

49970AnnArborRd

49970 W. Ann Arbor Rd. Built in 1875 by Henry Root who grew up on this property. Henry’s father Roswell Root was one of Plymouth’s first Pioneers & played a significant role in Plymouth’s history by holding public office in Plymouth and having helped many of Plymouth’s earliest settlers¬†thrive in our community.